What We Do
All the Clubs offer field-tested programs that teach young people skills necessary to succeed in life. We address issues facing today’s youth, from a positive focus on career development, athletics, and arts education, to preventative programs that steer youth away from alcohol, drugs, pregnancy, and gangs. In addition, each Club has developed special initiatives to meet the needs of its members.
- Character and Leadership: These programs empower youth to participate in the democratic process. They help develop leadership skills, present opportunities for decision-making, and celebrate our national heritage.
- Education and Career: These programs help youth dream for the future. They provide opportunities for boys and girls to explore careers and enhance their education.
- Health and Life Skills: These programs help youth achieve and maintain healthy, active lifestyles. Boys and girls nurture their own well-being, set personal goals, and live as self-sufficient adults.
- The Arts: Arts programs develop creativity and cultural awareness through visual arts, crafts, performing arts, photography, and creative writing.
- Sports, Fitness and Recreation: Sports programs are a hallmark of Boys & Girls Clubs across America. They help boys and girls incorporate fitness into their leisure time, appreciate the environment, and learn skills for stress management.
- Special Initiatives: Each Club has the freedom to create and adapt BGCA programs to meet the needs of their boys and girls.